Monday, September 24, 2012

Eric the half an eel

I was talking to a friend today about going swimming in the dead sea. I learnt some interesting things
  1. If you feel inclined to pee in the dead sea - it is a bad idea due to the extremely high tonicity.
  2. Fat people can die when they become trapped face down in the super-buoyant water
This latter point reminded me of an incident a few nights ago, where upon I awoke face down in my bed with two dead arms. oh my! Try figuring out how to rollover without your arms... Awkward.

Out of curiosity, what do you call a man with no arms and legs going swimming?

Bob.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure I fully comprehend the consequences of point 1. Why does the tonicity matter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was puzzled by that. Apparently an extremely hyper-saline solution is quite painful. So for the same reasons you don't put your face in the dead sea, you don't expose your other mucous membranes.

    It probably has something to do with the salt ripping the water right out of you? What do I know though, I'm not a doctor or anything...

    ReplyDelete