Saturday, May 14, 2011

Med School Redux

For the longest time I regarded medical students with a begrudging respect. We were of course no different. Except that they had gotten in, and I had not. Now that I'm in, it's nice to see that the people aren't that different to the regular Joes. In fact, I've been pleasantly surprised with the variety of people in medical school. They all seem genuinely nice, with the great majority actually interested in the material they are trying to learn - a refreshing change from science.

I do believe I shall enjoy my present company for the next four years.

Anyway, I said I'd make a few comments about 'rural' day. Well, it was fun. We did coat ourselves with plaster, cannulate a fake arm and sew together a piece of foam in the manner in which skin can be done. And that was all well and good, as it's fun to do hands on things. But scarily, I think I may have become a bit of a convert towards doing a stint in the country.

Prior to the session, I really couldn't think of anything less desirable, I mean - the city is where all the cool stuff happens right? But now it seems as though it might not be a bad thing to spend a year in the sticks. Certainly more challenging, but perhaps more rewarding and useful for my education. I'm really torn now, and am actually hanging our for more info. How very unlike me!

Besides, I still feel positive toward one day moving out! This would be a great way of getting that underway!

No comments:

Post a Comment