Saturday, May 14, 2011

Crusty bitter old dean

So in the time that has past since my last entry, I have had a shower. But in that time I managed to remind myself to write more of the hilarious things that happen.

For example, I rocked up at medball, and stood outside in the line behind an older chap and his wife. Given that the line was long and we had both found ourselves seperated from our associates we introduced ourselves.
"I'm a first year." I told the guy, having never seen him before in my life. I then gave him a little bit more of my back story, as he prompted, seeming interested.
"What about yourself, I asked. Are you a student as well?" I asked politely, somewhat unsure what to ask because I'd not seen him around uni.
"No, I'm the dean."
"Uhhhh. Well you never can tell with the variety of age ranges around here..." I replied happily, trying to dig my way out. But it was okay, and we had a nice little chat.

About 20 minutes later though, a friend of mine came and said "So I hear you met the dean!" Sigh!

Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought of as a fool, then to open your mouth and prove them correct, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment