Sunday, September 4, 2011

Huh.

Very very interesting weekend. But I have done no work at all. No wonder I feel so happy!

This year has been a really interesting year for me. The whole time I was doing science I don't think I was ever really the person I wanted to be. I was more akin to shut in than a human being.

I've changed a bit this year, I'm a little more open. A little more mellow, but mostly I think I'm a bit more me! Sure, I haven't changed dramatically, maybe I've just become more accepting of myself. I just feel more at ease with life.

One thing I have learned this year, is that confidence is key. Even when you're not confident! This is especially true when you ghost the wards. As one of the doc's said to us:
"Dress like a doctor, put on your badge and throw a stethoscope around your neck, and just go talk to patients. There's nothing to be scared of."
Or more concisely, as my GP told me as we chatted about medicine "90% is looking the part."
If you can't be confident, look confident, and the rest will come trickling back!

I'm starting to get a wrangle on this medicine dealy. But I'm trying not to be consumed by it. Wouldn't want to get obsessed (again!) I really hope this balance can be maintained!

Mostly though, I'm just thankful for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment