Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A few awkward experiences

Had one of those terrible moments in life. Started filling up the jeep, before realising I left my wallet at home. Fortunately I had only just commenced filling up. I had put in a total of 78c worth of fuel!

I scrambled through the car, looking for enough change to pay for my huge debt. Unfortunately I had just cleaned my car and stripped it of all but 15c! So I pleaded with the man in the petrol station to let me go get my wallet, and he kindly shouted me the petrol. It was all very hilarious. I came back ten minutes later with my wallet, and filled the car up and paid for it.

I've never done that before in my life.

Still, on the topic of new experiences. I went to centrelink today! I mentioned my plan to go there to a friend, who foretold to me the inevitable journey of waiting amongst, teenage mothers, bogans and students. And it really was such a pleasant mix of people! I particularly enjoyed the man constantly canvassing everyone's opinion on who would win the football. When eventually his name was called, the gruff looking man across the bay proclaimed "Thank F**k, that guy was annoying." To which several heads nodded.

Apart from the man who sat next to me coughing constantly, and the other person who smelled like funny smelling cigarettes, it wasn't too unpleasant. Alas I have to go back there in a week again, she'll be right!

No comments:

Post a Comment