Thursday, May 17, 2012

I want to get out of Kansas

There comes a time in medical school, when you cease to have any idea what is going on. That time is now! It's not that I'm stupid, it's just that the brain doesn't have one function. Nor one part. In fact it's just silly how much we don't know about the brain.

It's just silly how much I don't know about the brain.

It's funny isn't it. You'd think your own brain would have no trouble understanding itself.

Bah!

Ugh, speaking of an epic lack of understanding. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with myself next year. We had the crash course introduction yesterday. Glamorous women strolled forth, flipping their signage over whilst music played and exotic locations were unfurled before us.

"Who wants to go to Noarlunga!?" They exclaimed, whilst throngs of young adults lunged forward, desperate for a piece of the South-side action.

"What about Mount Gambier? The riverland? The Fleurieu? Darwin, Katherine, Alive Springs? Perhaps you would like to go to the exotic, yet conveniently located FMC, about 3cm from here?"

They all seemed so good, except one place where you live with the Doctor who likes to run, and makes you run with him. Yuck.

Honestly I can't decide. I'm torn between staying here, because it would be easy and regimented (which I'm good at.) Or getting out, seeing the world, developing my life skills and getting stacks more hands on experience... In some place like the Mount.

I am also realising that that this undergrad holiday will come to an end. It has been a fun couple years in med school. Much hilarity and education. But things tend to change, and pulling up stumps for a year may not be such a bad thing.

Maybe it is time to grow up. Sigh. Part of me looks forward to a challenge, the other part fears failing it. The solutions seems pretty obvious.

Anyway, there's a poll up. Tell me what I should do if you feel inclined. Or comment even, my blog does have that functionality if you would like to use it...

4 comments:

  1. Listen to your heart. (Roxette)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having listened to my heart, I found it to be communicating in Morse code. ".." Therefore it was repeatedly saying "I". Maybe it wants me to work on my elocution? Or be more selfish? Hard to say.

    ReplyDelete