Monday, April 10, 2023

Again

 Blogs may have gone out of fashion, but it's such a good way to mark time passing and reflect on periods of growth. Given that nobody reads blogs any more I feel much better about throwing my life out to the void.


Anyway.

We had another baby, Abigail. Two under two has been... challenging. It's not that it's always hard. It's just that when one thinks you have mastered a challenge, a new one arises.

The latest challenge has been getting our eldest to sleep in a bed. It's been a lot of being woken up by a curious two year old, buoyed by her ability to get out of the bed on her own volition.


The pandemic seems functionally over. Ironically I finally caught COVID and gave it to my family. It was fairly uneventful save a few myalgias. At work normality is resuming and face masks are mostly vanishing from faces, except when facing a patient. Not that im complaining. THe other day I had someones bleeding trache blast blood all over me. The mask and goggles I put on spared me the full damage at least.


Finally, I finished my anaesthetic training. I'm a consultant now working in a public hospital. I start private practice in a few weeks. That will be terrifying albeit lucrative.


Everything is coming up Milhouse. 


My loves

2 comments:

  1. Still reading after all these years. Congrats on on the training milestone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats why you get all the perks of being the number one fan!

      Delete