Monday, February 21, 2011

Flinders keepers

So, I suppose one could say that was the first real day of medical school, excluding the orientation day last friday. It was good, interesting... well a lot of talking about what was to come really. Not so much actual medical information. But that's okay I guess. My natural instinct is to assume that one day down = one day less examinable material, but I'm not so sure that will be the case.

Tomorrow I get to learn about history taking, and then get my first crack at this PBL doohicky. I'm quite excited about both of these things. Firstly, because I'll get to have a look at what goes on in FMC, and secondly because I think PBL will be a really interesting teaching method.

The whole concept of starting from vague nothings, refining what you don't know, researching it, re-evaluating and repeating all of that till your virtual patient lives or dies is intriguing. Really keen to give it a crack. I hope its fun at least.

On the plus side I've made a few friends so far. I haven't sat all lonesome in a lecture theatre yet. On no side at all, is the fact that I'm still yet to do any anatomy. I'm not sure how I'll react to that yet. Hopefully intrigue will be my primary response. On the downside though, I felt mediocre all day but pushed on like the trooper I am.

Wheeee! This whole med thing is quite a lark!

No comments:

Post a Comment