Monday, December 3, 2012

Half-doc

Some times after the power goes out temporarily, and if I know I have no responsibilities. I like to leave my radio-clock unset. Just let it flash grumpily, the time incorrect. It sounds weird, and I really don't do it all that often.

Just some times though, it's nice to see what my body is really telling me in regards to sleep. If I have no idea what the time is, I can't feel guilt for staying in bed too long. Nor angst about getting out of bed so early that I'm missing the opportunity for more Z's.

Inevitably tough it winds up with a third situation where I start stressing myself out about the possibility that I've slept through lunch, and am forced to check the time on a second device.

I suppose this is really just a long-winded way of announcing that I passed my exams and have a bit of free time on my hands. I'm all set to enter third year. A year that is penultimate in number, but for all intents and purposes*, academically ultimate.

This time next year, I'll be a most-doc.


Stay tuned for updates about my upcoming year in the "country" :) I'm thinking of renaming the blog;
 "We're not in Netherby anymore."


*It may also be ultimate for intensive academic purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment