Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The social network

One experiment I'd really like to do, is poke all of my facebook friends. I'd like to see what % responds. Then make a graph of how long it takes for them to poke back. I'd also like to see if there is a poke decay rate if a poke war is entered. I reckon it has the potential to be the basis of a humorous internet article. Maybe I'll try it over the holidays.

Yes I used to be a scientist. The only thing is, there are some people on my list I just don't want to poke. Do I dare break social norms for science?

Here's my hypothesis:
Less than 10% of people would respond.
There will be a decay rate of 50% per poke cycle.
My friend count will decline and people will be annoyed by me :)

Feel free to conjecture madly team!

1 comment:

  1. Hypothesis 4: One person will persist over what will be almost three years now.

    ReplyDelete