Monday, April 22, 2013

A door to the face? But a window opens.

Got to sew up a mans face last night. Was very exciting. Luckily there was a real doctor working further down the face on the ugly looking lac, while I got the little straightforward one. Still, was nice to get some facial suturing in. Luckily the patient couldnt see the fine trembling of my nervous hands as the blue sheet was draped over his face. I actually thought I did a good job in the end. Good apposition with nice eversion of the edges. And all my knots on the same side...

Then today my streak of discovering murmurs continued. Found a mitral regurge today, my first! I've really only been able to find systolic aortic ejection murmurs before. So maybe my ears are finally dialing in. Was good too, as it happened to be a patient that I'd decided to get assessed on.

Suffice to say, I'm having an 'up' day today.


No comments:

Post a Comment