Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sorry about that!

A quick blah from the phone.

One of the things I find interesting is about how people judge they are sick.  Most people seem to have a fairly good idea when they are sick and to what extent.  But some times there are people at the ends of the spectrum who are either desperately anxious or seriously sick. Often the history comes across initially similar. Its only when you look at them that the patchy story resolves as an exaggeration or an understatement.

I managed to diagnose an infective endocarditis the other day.  I was pretty happy to be able to deduce it from the history and have it ultimately be shown to be correct by the egg heads in town.

Some times I think I could do this doctor business.  And then I go stick a sharp thing in to someone and blood goes everywhere in an uncontrolled fashion and it looks nothing like how the real doctors do it.

Practice makes mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment