Thursday, April 18, 2013

Polyp ahoy!

Spent the whole day in surgery today. A scope list in the morning, where I got to see lots of polyps, proctitis, haemarrhoids, skin tags, stomach ulcers and hiatus hernias getting explored. Interesting in parts, but didn't get to do anything. Which kinda sucked if I'm honest. But the surgeon seemed to think that all of the stuff I was seeing was novel and that the scope list was usually a lot more boring. Thankfully he was realistic enough to say that one session was enough and to try avoid ever having to see another scope list as you won't learn anything new. Good bloke.

Then it was more hernias and gallbladders in the afternoon. It's the kind of stuff that would be really interesting if you were involved. But watching it from beyond the blue zone is kinda boring. The videos on youtube are often just as good.

I have a suspicion surgery might not be for me. It's all so confusing!

No comments:

Post a Comment