Sunday, March 27, 2011

100 grit.

After what has been a rougher than usual week, I managed to crawl under the Jeep and replace the bushes. And it only took me two trips to the tool shop! On the plus side I now own a lot of shiny sockets, and it was an excellent excuse to use my mostly untouched torque wrench. The jeep is now a lot more steady on its feet as it goes around corners. One of the bushes had perished somewhat and was filled up with crud. Hardly helpful, I'll do the rears and the shocks next weekend.

I'm becoming more and more excited about medicine. The initial fear has started to wear off, and I seem to be keeping up with the work with the best of them, so I reckon I'll be okay. One of my greatest fears, which I shall disclose to you now is... needles. Well, needles that are going in to me. For a few times there I was getting really woozy whenever someone took my blood or vaccinated me. Since then I've lived in fear of passing out. However the last few times I've been jabbed have been great. On Friday they took my blood to see what I am, or am not immune to, and all was well. I'm keenly awaiting the time when I get to attack my fellow students to sample the claret that lies within (and then presumably trying it on real sick people!)

Having done a few IVs on mice, I think most of my patients won't wriggle so much they break their necks.

No comments:

Post a Comment