Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Action! Potential?

Well, I feel that Flinders is taking a discretely military approach to first aid training. They let you go nuts and do CPR on a dummy whilst watching you through a one way mirror... I feel completely inadequate now, and ready to be built back up in to a real person. I started off with the whole DR!ABC thing, but unless you've actually had to use it before... argh.

It's an interesting exercise really. They make you realise you know nothing, so they can teach you effectively. Either way, I'm intrigued to find out whether my dummy was dead, or really dead by the time my three minutes of agony ended.

Urgh, again. And just when I was feeling so confident since I could effectively use a microscope.

3 comments:

  1. I think you may need to fix the lumpage.com redirect. Just think of all of the missed opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of having missed opportunities. If I actually redirect it, then I will definitely know how few people read my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've redirected now. Lumpage.com is back on track!

    ReplyDelete