Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Jeep

I have a jeep. It's a fun little thing. Well, when I say fun I mean entertaining. But I enjoy driving it. The great thing about it, is that it's American. So it is made of bits. There's no fancy engineering here. The bits just bolt on to each other. There's no intricate networks of anything. This weekend I'm gonna take a crack at my sway bar bushings I think. 6 months ago I had no idea what they were. In fact I had no idea what bushes did. Now I do, and now I'm gonna take a crack at replacing them.

I find this whole concept exciting, and that's probably really lame. However, i got a quote for getting my whole suspension done, and it was about 7 times the cost of me buying the parts and doing it myself. So I feel like I'm saving money and being productive.

If this whole medicine gig falls though, I'm becoming a mechanic. It's basically the same job after all.

Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Oh the anticlimax. I thought you were going to tell me what bushings do. Or suspension for that matter. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I deleted those sentences... been down that road before. I think with bushes you put them on your vehicle when you want to invade Iraq for oil.

    ReplyDelete