Thursday, April 14, 2011

You can't spell progression without progress

I'm a bit worried. Well, not really. But I've relaised that the biochem book I purchased when I was an undergrad is now out of date. Which means, rather tragically. Not only have I forgotten the stuff I learned when I was an undergrad, but the field has moved on a long way... and now I need a new book.

On the up-side. I have been using even older books, and found some of the stuff to be relevant still! Dad's pharmacology text, managed to discuss the hip new drug naloxone. The good thing about that book, is that it was written in the days before molecular biology kicked off, and they had no idea what a receptor was. Gosh, why couldn't I be older?!

In other news, I have a sore back. I shared this with my tutorial group, unwisely. They then began executing the CC method of history taking on me, curious as to how the condition was effecting my life. Didn't really give them the marks for empathy, but at least they tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment