Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's all about passion

Today I met a person, who had quit there $100k+ a year job as a radiographer to study medicine. I thought that was encouraging. It's nice to know that there are lots of peeps doing it for the passion.

I went to a research night last night - highlighting something of the medical research going on in FMC. Some of it was boring, other parts weren't my cup of tea. But I felt a niggle within me. Something that I haven't felt for a long time. I think, I'm almost out of my burn out phase and am almost ready to get back on the bandwagon again. I'm not planning on rushing it though, but I felt this feeling once before during the break before starting my PhD. I'm feeling like being back on the bench... Though the thought still churns my stomach a little.

Had a cruise through the hematology labs today though, as part of my education about blood. That was interesting, and reminded me again what all that basic research is about. Discovering something useful, putting it in to practice, and making a difference.

*contented sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment