Saturday, April 30, 2011

Lyse!

I had my second SP interview last week. It was okay, I didn't forget any questions, but I did fail on some follow up questions. That's okay though, as it gives me something to write about as I relive the horror over the internet.

I can't tell you too much about what my patient had (apparently) *cough cough* *wink* but when I walked in I noticed he had a medic alert bracelet on. I made a mental note of it, but then forgot about it, as you do. When I asked him about allergies, he said "strawberries," and I went "Okay!" completely forgetting about the patients medic alert bracelet.

As the faux interview finished, and I headed for the door, I suddenly remembered the stupid bracelet. "Was I meant to ask about the bracelet - it completely slipped my mind" I asked the tutor. The SP, who was still there looked down at his arm, and then back at me and laughed. "No, I'm just actually allergic to penicillin." I was greatly, and inappropriately relieved!

As I wandered off down the hall, I heard the SP telling my tutor I was a very observant student. Made me feel good! So here's my tip: If you want to positively influence the outcome of your SP interviews, clarify whether you should have asked about something quasi relevant after the fact. Try these maybe:

"I found the SP was extremely unattractive, should I have asked about depression?" or
"The SP was wearing Kappa and Fubu, should I have asked more questions about illicit drug use?"

I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment